Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Things I Hate: Athletes in turtlenecks


I am not usually a hateful person, but seeing athletes wearing turtlenecks makes my blood boil. A turtleneck is probably the least manly thing you can wear while playing sports short of a sports bra and skirt. Even then it's pretty close. Your neck is one of the most vulnerable spots on your body so real men prove their worth by EXPOSING IT COMPLETELY. Real men like Richard Zednik and Clint Malarchuk. Yeah, both of them almost bled to death, but I'm sure both would agree that a skate to the carotid is better than looking like this:



Why do athletes need to wear turtlenecks at all? Are they cold? That's wussy. Are they trying hide something, like a lack of Adam's apple or neck beard (the manliest of all facial hair)? There's no excuse for wearing one that won't activate the gaydar of everyone in the vicinity.


Yeah I used a picture Gretzky. He may be the Great One but with that hair and a turtleneck he looks more like an LA Queen. It's a wonder people didn't take to calling him "The Fabulous One".

"My name is Wayne and I like going five-hole, getting hit from behind and high-sticking guys"

I think part of the reason I hate turtlenecks (besides the fact that they look RIDICULOUS) is that I hate the people who wear them. Like these schmucks:



Gross. Finally, no matter how you feel about this obviously important issue, I don't think anyone can defend this:


That's Justin Bieber working out with FC Barcelona while wearing a terrible teal turtleneck. I think it's pretty obvious where he got his influences from as well:

BFFs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...